Urban Conclave in Lucknow-Highlights
Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, inaugurated “[email protected] – New Urban India: Transforming Urban Landscape conference-cum-expo” on October 5, 2021 in Lucknow.
- On the occasion, he digitally interacted with beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban (PMAY-U) houses and handed over the keys to 75,000 beneficiaries across 75 districts in Uttar Pradesh.
- He also released a Coffee Table Book comprising of 75 projects implemented under several flagship missions of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- Setting up of Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Chair in the Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU), Lucknow was also announced.
Projects launched by PM
- Foundation stone for 75 Urban Development Projects in Uttar Pradesh under AMRUT Mission and Smart Cities Mission.
- 75 smart electric buses were flagged off under FAME-II for seven cities namely Lucknow, Varanasi, Kanpur, Prayagraj, Gorakhpur, Ghaziabad and Jhansi.
Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav programme
Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav Programme comprises several events including the Inauguration of “New Urban India: Transforming Urban Landscape”, a conference and an exhibition on the subject. Programme is being organised at the Indira Gandhi Pratishthan in Lucknow.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)
Under the scheme, 17.3 lakh houses have been sanctioned. So far, 8.8 lakh beneficiaries have been handed over houses.
Conference-cum-expo is being organised from October 5 to October 7, 2021 by the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA), as a part of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’. It is being organised under the theme “transforming the urban landscape” with specific focus on transformative changes brought in Uttar Pradesh. All States & UTs will participate in the event in order to help in experience sharing, direction and commitment for further action. Three exhibitions will be showcased in Conference-cum-Expo:
- ‘New Urban India’ exhibition– It will showcase the achievements and future projections of transformative Urban Missions.
- Indian Housing Technology Mela (IHTM)– An exhibition on 75 Innovative Construction Technologies under Global Housing Technology Challenge-India (GHTC-India).
- An exhibition highlighting the performance of Uttar Pradesh after 2017, under Urban Missions and future projections with the theme “[email protected]: Transforming Urban Landscape in Uttar Pradesh”.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|