India Rankings 2021 of National Institutional Ranking Framework
Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan released the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), listing the top universities and colleges across India, on September 9, 2021.
- NIRF India Ranking 2021 has been announced for eleven categories, namely, Overall, University, Management, Pharmacy, College, Architecture, Engineering, Medical, ARIIA (Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements), Law and Research Institutions.
- NIRF India Ranking parameters and weighted averages were adopted to rank colleges and universities for all the categories.
- Broad categories adopted to rank the colleges, universities and institutes are- Teaching, Learning and Resources; Graduation Outcomes, Research and Professional Practice; Outreach & Inclusivity and Peer Perception.
- Number of institutes participating in NIRF rankings has increased over the years. Thus, categories in which institutes are ranked were changed this year. In 2016, there were four categories to rank the institutes which increased to eleven in 2021.
- About 6,000 colleges and universities participated in the sixth edition of NIRF 2021 Rankings.
Which institute has topped the list?
- IIT Madras has topped the list in the Engineering Category, for the sixth consecutive year.
- IIT Madras also topped the list in overall category.
- IIM Ahmedabad also maintained its top rank in Management category, for the second year.
- In University category, Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore was at top position.
- Miranda House, Delhi topped the list in college category.
- Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi was ranked at first position in Pharmacy category.
- In Medical Category, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Delhi was ranked at first position.
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|