Union Ministry of Power launches URJA mobile app
The Union Ministry of Power has launched ‘URJA’- Urban Jyoti Abhiyaan Mobile application for Urban Power Distribution Sector.
It was launched by Union Power minister Piyush Goyal on the side-lines of two day conference of Power Ministers at Cansaulim in South Goa.
- The mobile app has been developed by Power Finance Corporation (PFC) on behalf of Union Ministry of Power.
- The aim of the app is to enhance consumer connect with the Urban Power Distribution sector by providing information of IT enabled towns.
- The app will work as manifestation of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s principle of good governance i.e. People focus, co-operative federalism.
- The app allows users to get information of performance of their town, State level DISCOMs on different parameters including their ranking, pending consumer complaints.
- It also will provide information on average percentage of consumers making e-Payments, power cuts as well as power loss or theft.
- The app will also give information on various schemes and initiatives undertaken by the Union Government to improve the power supply.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2016
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|