Union Government revises North East Industrial and Investment Promotion Policy
The Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP) has revised North East Industrial and Investment Promotion Policy (NEIIP), 2007.
The revision of policy stipulates mandatory disbursal of subsidies payable to all industrial units in northeast through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mechanism by Chief Controller of Accounts (Industry).
- Industrial units which had commenced production on or after December 1, 2014 and on or before March 31, 2017 will be eligible for incentives as per the revised norms of subsidy.
- It will also include existing units which go in for substantial expansion and commence commercial production on or before March 2017.
- For this purpose, the industrial units need to get themselves registered on the e-payment portal by providing required bank details.
- The subsidy for the existing and new industrial units going for substantial expansion will be limited Rs 3 crore per industrial unit operating in services sector and Rs 5 crore per industrial unit operating in manufacturing sector.
- The limit for automatic approval of subsidy at the rate of 30% of the investment in plant and machinery will continue to be upto Rs 1.5 crore per unit.
- In case for grant of capital investment subsidy higher than Rs 1.5 crore and upto a maximum of Rs 5 crore will be approved by empowered committee chaired by Secretary, DIPP.
African Swine Fever in the North East
The African Swine Fever has stuck Meghalaya. Earlier, it had struck Mizoram. ContentsCurrent Scenari...
National Bamboo Mission: MIS Module launched
The National Bamboo Mission recently launched the Management Information System to strengthen the do...
Scheme of Financial Assistance to States for Capex
The Ministry of Finance recently announced that it is to provide Rs 15,000 crores to the states for ...
Bohag Bihu Bird Count 2021 begins
On April 14, 2021, the Bohag Bihu Bird count began in Assam. The Bohag Bihu Bird count was launched ...
Risa in the Culture of Tripura
The Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb recently wore “Risa” on Kokborok Day. The Chief Mini...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|