Union Government releases commemorative coin on Maharana Pratap
The Union Government has released a commemorative coin of Rs 100 and a circulation coin of Rs 10 as a part of 475th Birth Anniversary celebrations of Maharana Pratap.
The coin was released by Union Tourism Minister Dr Mahesh Sharma in New Delhi. Maharana Pratap, the ruler of Mewar is regarded as one of the greatest warriors in Indian history.
The Union Ministry of Culture has been celebrating the 475th Birth Anniversary of Maharana Pratap during 2015-16 in association with the State Government of Rajasthan.
About Maharana Pratap
- Born on 9 May 1540 at Kumbhalgarh Fort, Rajasthan.
- He was the eldest son of Maharani Jaiwanta Bai and Udai Singh II, founder of Udaipur. He belonged to the Sisodia clan of Rajputs.
- His reign spanned for24 years from March 1572 to January 1597. He was known as a brave warrior, successful organizer and ingenious strategist.
- He had fearlessly fought the Mughals and protected his people until his death for the honour of their motherland.
- He died of injuries sustained in a hunting accident at Chavand, which served as his capital, on 29 January 1597, aged fifty-seven.
GC Murmu chosen as external auditor by OPCW
G C Murmu has been chosen as the External Auditor of Organisation for Prohibition of Chemical Weapon...
ISRO Espionage Case
On April 15, 2021, the Supreme Court ordered a CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) probe into the ...
Ambedkar Jayanti: April 14
Every year India celebrates Ambedkar Jayanti or Bhim Jayanti on April 14. The day is also called Amb...
Sushil Chandra: Next Chief Election Commissioner
Election Commissioner Sushil Chandra recently took over as the new Chief Election Commissioner of In...
UAE names first Female Astronaut
Noura al Matroushi has been named as the first Female Astronaut of UAE. ContentsFirst Female Astrona...
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2016
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|