Union Government to launch National Resource Centre Vanjeevan for Tribal Livelihood
The Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs is going to launch “Vanjeevan”, the National Resource Centre (NRC) for Tribal Livelihood issues in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
It will be launched in collaboration with UNDP and National Scheduled Tribes Finance and Development Corporation (NSTFDC). Besides, NRC website and e-knowledge platform on tribal livelihood will also be unveiled.
- Vanjeevan in the first phase will identify the problems in livelihood issues in select districts of six states having low Human Development Index (HDI) of tribal people.
- The programme will focus on the identification of local resources, keeping in view the existing skill level.
- It will facilitate utilization of funds under various Government programmes for the above purpose.
- It will be implemented in Assam, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Odisha and Telangana in the first phase.
- In the second phase the programme will be implemented in the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra, Meghalaya and Tripura.
National Resource Centre (NRC)
NRC will serve as a platform for livelihood mapping, skill gap analysis. It will be knowledge hub for providing consolidation of best livelihood and entrepreneurship models for the tribal entrepreneurship development.
Odisha’s Gopabandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Yojana
The Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik recently declared working journalists of the State of Od...
Large Area Certification (LAC) Scheme of PGS-India- A&N gets certification
The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer Welfare recently announced that around 14,491 hectares of lan...
ROPAX Jetty Project on River Dhamra
The Government of India recently approved Rs 50 crores to develop an all-weather ROPAX in Odisha. Th...
Mask Abhiyan of Odisha
The Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik recently launched a fourteen day “Mask Abhiyan” initiat...
Utkal Divas – 2021
Odisha will celebrate its 85th foundation day of the state on April 1. The day is also known as ‘U...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|