Union Government to launch Mission Parivar Vikas for improved family planning services
The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare is going to launch Mission Parivar Vikas for improved family planning services in 145 High Focus districts in seven states.
The objective of mission is to accelerate access to high quality family planning choices based on information, reliable services and supplies within a rights-based framework.
Key features of Mission Parivar Vikas
- These districts are located in the seven high focus states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Assam.
- They are having the highest total fertility rates and constitute 44% of the country’s population.
- They also have a substantial impact on maternal and child health indicators. As about 25 to 30% of maternal deaths and 50% of infant deaths occur in these districts.
- The key strategic focus of this initiative will be on improving access to contraceptives through delivering assured services, dovetailing with new promotional schemes.
- It will also ensure building capacity (service providers), commodity security, creating an enabling environment along with close monitoring and implementation.