Union Government approves National Cyber Security Policy
The Union Government of India approved a National Cyber Security Policy with the objective to create a secured computing atmosphere across the country.
Key objectives of the Cyber Security Policy:
- Capacity-building to bolster the existing set-up and increase the focus on manpower training.
- Augmentation of the India’s indigenous capabilities in terms of developing the cyber security set-up.
- Provide a broad coverage by including home as well as small users, medium and large enterprises and government and non-government entities.
- To create cyber security framework to address all related issues pending over a long period.
- To enhance the security posture of nation’s cyber space via specific actions and programmes.
- To enhance the intelligence as its integral component and help in anticipating attacks and adopt, countermeasures.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2013