Union Government appoints MC Mary Kom as Brand Ambassador for the North East
Union Government has selected legendary boxer and five-time world boxing champion MC Mary Kom as Brand Ambassador for the North East Region.
It was announced by Union Minister of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) Jitendra Singh at a two-day business summit in New Delhi.
MC Mary Kom was selected to showcase the potential of the North East region which can offer Rs. 2.4 trillion business opportunities across various sectors.
About MC Mary Kom
- Her full name is Mangte Chungneijang Mary Kom and belongs Kom tribal community of the north-eastern state of Manipur.
- Mary Kom is nicknamed Magnificent Mary. She is Five-time World Boxing champion, and the only woman boxer to have won a medal in each one of the six world championships.
- She had won a bronze medal in 2012 London Olympics in the flyweight (51 kg) category and was only Indian woman boxer to qualify for this category.
- She is also first Indian woman boxer to get a Gold Medal in the 2014 Asian Games held at Incheon, South Korea.
- Awards- For her precious contribution to the sport of boxing (sports), she has been conferred with Padma Bhushan (2013), Padma Shree (2010) and Arjuna Award for Boxing (2003).
- Autobiography- Unbreakable.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|