Union Cabinet gives a green signal to the Kochi Metro Rail
The Union Cabinet gave the green signal for the Rs.5,128-crore Kochi Metro Rail project, one of the largest social infrastructure initiatives to be launched in in recent years.
- The project would be completed in 3 years.
- The most significant part of the approval is that the Kochi metro project would be implemented on the Chennai model, ideating a joint venture by the Central and State governments.
- Centre-State JV scheme without private participation, on the lines of the Chennai metro.
- 25.6-km-long rail project
- 22 stations connecting Aluva to Thripunithura
- Estimated Completion Cost: Rs 5146 Cr
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2012
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|