Union Cabinet approves MoU between Rural Development Ministry & FAO
The Union Cabinet has approved MoU between Ministry of Rural Development and Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) to improve effectiveness of rural development programmes in country.
The Inter-Governmental MoU on Joint Technical and South-South Cooperation will provide for collaboration on activities of common interest to support an integrated approach to rural poverty reduction through activities. These activities will aim to promote economic empowerment of rural women, access of rural poor to natural resources.
- The MoU aims to improve effectiveness of rural development programmes in India and facilitate knowledge sharing by exchange of visits and dialogue for knowledge and experience sharing.
- It will facilitate South-South cooperation mechanisms around Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM)’s experience.
- It will strengthen vertical upscaling of livelihoods of rural populations supported by DAY-NRLM, develop inclusive and sustainable value chains for key crops and agro-industrial products.
- It will also facilitate employment diversification, skills development for rural youth, strengthen social protection, risk management mechanisms.
- It will also provide collaboration to support an integrated approach to rural poverty reduction through activities aimed to promote economic empowerment of rural women, access of rural poor to natural resources and their sustainable use and social protection.
About Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY -NRLM)
- DAY-NRLM is a flagship rural poverty reduction program of Union Ministry of Rural Development.
- It launched with an objective of social mobilization, financial inclusion and sustainable livelihoods promotion.
- It aims at creating effective and efficient institutional platforms for rural poor by increasing household income through sustainable livelihood enhancements and improving access to financial services.
- One of its major focus areas is promotion of existing livelihood portfolios of the rural poor in farm and non-farm sectors.
Rural Infrastructure Development Fund
The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) recently announced that it provided...
World Agri-Tourism Day
Every year the World Agri-Tourism Day is celebrated on May 16. This year, on the fourteenth World Ag...
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi: Eighth Instalment released
Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently released the eighth instalment of Prime Minister Kisan Samman ...
Area of summer crops expands by 21.58% from last year
The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer Welfare recently announced that the area of summer crops has ...
Telangana Govt bans Glyphosate
The Telangana Government recently imposed a total ban on Glyphosate. ContentsAbout GlyphosateWhy do ...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|