Union Cabinet approves MoU between India-Kyrgyzstan on agriculture cooperation
The Union Cabinet has approved memorandum of understanding (MoU) between India and Kyrgyzstan on cooperation in field of agriculture and food related industry.
The proposed agreement covers various activities in the field of agriculture and allied sector.
Key provisions on MoU
- It includes exchange of information and experience in field of research, animal breeding, Avian Influenza and Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD), veterinary medicine.
- It also covers exchange of information in plant growing, production of seeds based on modern technology, certification of seed and different types of irrigation.
- It also provides cooperation in the field of protection of plant variety rights; agricultural, food trade and horticulture, food safety and standards; aquaculture and fisheries, etc.
- It provides constitution of a Joint Working Group (JWG) comprising of representatives from both countries.
- JWG will prepare plans of cooperation, provide solutions to problems arising during implementation of this agreement and implementation of tasks.
Besides, the Union Cabinet also approved MoU between India and Kyrgystan for strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism.
Note: Kyrgyzstan is a part of CIS (Commonwealth of Independent States) countries. It is bordered by countries like Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan. India and Kyrgyzstan enjoys strong diplomatic and long economic relationship.
Rural Infrastructure Development Fund
The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) recently announced that it provided...
World Agri-Tourism Day
Every year the World Agri-Tourism Day is celebrated on May 16. This year, on the fourteenth World Ag...
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi: Eighth Instalment released
Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently released the eighth instalment of Prime Minister Kisan Samman ...
Area of summer crops expands by 21.58% from last year
The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer Welfare recently announced that the area of summer crops has ...
Telangana Govt bans Glyphosate
The Telangana Government recently imposed a total ban on Glyphosate. ContentsAbout GlyphosateWhy do ...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|