Union Cabinet approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in Tourism with Finland
The Union Cabinet on Wednesday, 20th November 2019, chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Finland in strengthening cooperation in the field of tourism.
Objectives of the Memorandum of understanding are:
- Sharing of knowledge, data, expertise, etc. related to tourism.
- To establish the basis for a cooperative relationship between the nations that will encourage and promote successful bilateral cooperation in the field of tourism.
- Encouraging growth of partnerships in the factors of multilateral development programs and projects of international Financial Institutions, in which both Participants nations have common interests.
- Facilitating the identification and expansion of joint projects, organizations through visits, meetings, workshops, co-creation sessions, and site evaluations.
- Sharing experiences regarding regulation and standards in planning, development, and implementation of tourism policies.
- Study visits for experts of Finland and India on the field of cooperation and Exchanging best practices through workshops.
Finland over the years has become one of the emerging sources of the market for India. In the year 2018, 21239 Finnish tourists had visited India. The signing of Memorandum of Understanding with Finland will be instrumental and boost the overall tourism sector of India.