UNESCAP’s Global Survey on Digital and Sustainable Trade Facilitation
In United Nation’s Economic and Social Commission for Asia Pacific’s (UNESCAP) latest Global Survey on Digital and Sustainable Trade Facilitation India has scored 90.32%.
India’s performance in the survey
- Having evaluated 143 economies globally, this year’s Survey has highlighted India’s significant score improvement on all 5 key indicators.
- Transparency is 100% in 2021 (It was 93.33% in 2019)
- Formalities has been recorded at 95.83% in 2021 (It was 87.5% in 2019)
- Institutional Arrangement and Cooperation is 88.89% in 2021 (It was 66.67% in 2019)
- In 2021 Paperless Trade is 96.3% (It was 81.48% in 2019)
- Cross-Border Paperless Trade in 2021 is 66.67% (In 2019 it was 55.56%)
- Comparing to the South and South West Asia region (63.12%) and Asia Pacific region (65.85%) India has performed the best.
- This survey has found that the overall score of India is greater than many OECD countries which include UK, France, Norway, Canada and Finland etc.
- The survey shows that India’s overall score is better than the European Union’s average score.
- For the Transparency index India has achieved a 100% score
- In the Women in trade component India has achieved 66%.
About the survey
This survey is conducted by UNESCAP every two years. The current survey for the year 2021 includes an assessment of 58 trade facilitation measures which has been covered by the Trade Facilitation Agreement of WTO. This Survey finds out whether or not the trade facilitation measures have the desired impact and also helps in drawing comparison amongst the countries.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2021
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|