UK-India Awards 2019: Mark Tully gets Lifetime Achievement Award
Veteran British journalist Sir Mark Tully was conferred with ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ at UK-India Awards in London for his contributions to UK-India relationship.
About Mark Tully
He is the former Bureau Chief of BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) in New Delhi, India. Previously he had been knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in UK and conferred with Padma Bhushan in India.
About UK-India Awards
These are annual awards, which celebrate special talents and organisations that use their worldwide influence to strengthen ties between UK-India. It is invitation-only black-tie dinner and glittering awards ceremony that celebrates winning partnership between UK and India.
Award ceremony marked the conclusion of annual UK-India Week 2019, which kicked off with 1st ever ‘India Day’ in Houses of Parliament complex in London.
UK-India Awards 2019, marks the 3rd year of Awards and holds significance as for the first time they were selected by an all-women judging panel.
It is organised by India Inc., a media house based in London that produces incisive content and events on investment, trade and policy matters relating to India’s increasingly globalised economic and strategic agenda.
Criteria: All nominees and winners are inspirational figures at cutting edge of business, technology, innovation, international relations and culture, who are doing amazing work in making UK-India partnership truly winning one.
Other Winners 2019–
- Market Entrant of the Year category– Oyo, Indian hospitality start-up
- Social Impact category– British Telecom (BT)
- Global Indian Icon of the Year– Kunal Nayyar, best known for his role as Rajesh Koothrappali on US sitcom The Big Bang Theory
- Special Significant Contribution to UK-India Relations Award- to Indian-origin peer and Cobra Beer founder Lord Karan Bilimoria
- Start-up of the Year Award- Maanch, a new platform that matches up funders and receivers to accelerate global sustainable development
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2019
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News