UAE Approves National Strategy for Wellbeing 2031
Published: June 11, 2019
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has adopted the 12-year National Strategy for Wellbeing 2031 to improve quality of life for Emiratis and residents.
National Strategy for Wellbeing 2031
- The National Strategy for Wellbeing 2031 aims to make the UAE a world leader in quality of life by launching 90 new projects targeting more than 40 priority areas that will improve the “physical, psychological and digital health of future generations.
- The strategy focuses on strengthening family ties and work on improving the quality of life in cities across the country to attract more residents to those areas.
- It aims to promote an integrated concept of wellbeing which supports the vision of the UAE Vision 2021 and the UAE Centennial 2071.
- The Strategy is based on a national framework of three main levels viz. individuals, society and the country.
- The Strategy includes 14 components and nine strategic objectives, which include enhancing people’s wellbeing by promoting healthy and active lifestyles, promoting good mental health and adopting positive thinking.
National Wellbeing Observatory
The National Wellbeing Observatory is one of the key initiatives under the National Strategy for Wellbeing 2031 to support the policymaking. The observatory will monitor indicators of wellbeing and submit regular reports to the UAE Cabinet, and propose training programmes for government employees and forming a National Wellbeing Council to manage and coordinate the new strategy.