TRAI limits advertisement duration on TV channels to 12 min/hr
As per TRAI’s Standards of Quality of Service Regulation 2012:
- Duration of advertisements limited on Television channels to 12 minutes per hour and any shortfall of advertisement duration in any clock hour can’t be carried over.
- Min. time gap b/w any two consecutive advertisement breaks should not be less than 15 minutes, while in case of movies, this time gap should be a minimum of 30 minutes.
- These conditions shall not apply live broadcast of a sporting event.
- During live broadcast of a sporting event, ads can be telecast only during the breaks in the sporting action.
- The audio level of the ads carried in TV channels cannot be higher than the audio level of the programmes being broadcast in the channel.
- Ads can only be full screen with part screen and drop down ads not permitted.
GoI forms Committee to review Television Rating System
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting is to set up a committee to review the existing guideli...
India bans import of refrigerators, Air Conditioners completely
India recently banned the import of refrigerants and air-conditioners completely tightening norms on...
Actor Sushant Singh Rajput dies
On June 14, 2020, actor Sushant Singh Rajput was found dead in his Mumbai apartment. According to Mu...
India & World Bank sign Agreement of 210 million USD in agriculture and rural transformation
The Government of Maharashtra and World Bank signed a 210 million USD agreement to facilitate agricu...
Dutee Chand wins Vogue’s Sportsperson of Year 2019
Indian sprinter Dutee Chand has won the Sportsperson of the Year 2019 in the 3rd edition of the Vo...
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2012
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|