TRAI limits advertisement duration on TV channels to 12 min/hr
As per TRAI’s Standards of Quality of Service Regulation 2012:
- Duration of advertisements limited on Television channels to 12 minutes per hour and any shortfall of advertisement duration in any clock hour can’t be carried over.
- Min. time gap b/w any two consecutive advertisement breaks should not be less than 15 minutes, while in case of movies, this time gap should be a minimum of 30 minutes.
- These conditions shall not apply live broadcast of a sporting event.
- During live broadcast of a sporting event, ads can be telecast only during the breaks in the sporting action.
- The audio level of the ads carried in TV channels cannot be higher than the audio level of the programmes being broadcast in the channel.
- Ads can only be full screen with part screen and drop down ads not permitted.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2012