Top GKToday’s News Headlines-9 March 2020
Here are Top GKToday’s News Headlines for 9 March, 2020
- President awarded Nari Shakti Puraskar of WCD Ministry to 15 women: Rashmi Urdhwardeshe (60), Tashi Malik and Nungshi Malik (28), Padala Bhudevi (40), Kalavati Devi (58), Kaushiki Chakroborty (38), Avani Chaturvedi (26), Bhawanna Kanth (27), Mohana Singh Jitarwal (28), Bhageerathi Amma (105), Karthyayini Amma (98), Chami Murmu (47), Nilza Wangmo (40), Bina Devi (43), Mann Kaur (103), Arifa Jan (33)
- NITI Aayog confers awards under its Women Entrepreneurship Platform: Priyanka Mokshmar (Vaayu Home Appliances), Ramya Venkataraman (Centre for Teacher Accreditation), Shilpi Kapoor (BarrierBreak), Rinka Banerjee (Thinking Forks), Nidhi Pant (Science for Society), Anupriya Balikai (Spookfish Innovations), Kalpana Sankar (Hand in Hand), Khushboo Jain (ImpactGuru), Sneha Sundaram (Kutuki), Jayanti Pradhan (Agro-processor), Jugnu Jain (Sapien Biosciences), Pratyusha Pareddy (NemoCare), Poonam Bir Kasturi (Daily Dump), Ruchi Jain (Taru Naturals), Sujata Sahu (17000 ft Foundation), Dr Praveen Nair (Salaam Baalak Trust).
- The 2020 BusinessLine Changemaker Awards presented to the winners in Chennai: Arunachalam Muruganandam won ‘Iconic Changemaker Award’. Pradeep Mewada won ‘The Young Changemaker Award’. Rashid K., Nikhil P., Arun George and Vimal Govind won ‘Young Changemakers’ award. Government e-Marketplace (GeM) won the ‘Digital Transformation’ award. India Stack won the award in ‘Financial Transformation’ category. The award in ‘Social Transformation’ category was won by Shanti Raghavan of Enable India. Woman athlete Dutee Chand won ‘Changemaker of the Year’ award. ISRO won ‘Changemaker of the Year’ award.
- PM hands over his social media accounts to seven women achievers under #SheInspiresUs campaign: Sneha Mohandoss, Malvika Iyer, Arifa Jaan, Kalpana Ramesh, Vijaya Pawar, Kalavati Devi, Bina Devi
- Science and Technology Ministry’s TIFAC (Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council) launches Vigyan Jyoti scheme to encourage women to pursue science
- Ministry of Science and Technology launches helpline number 011-26565285 for women students and scientists to get their queries related to the ministry’s programmes answered.
- Former Union Law Minister and Congress leader Hans Raj Bhardwaj dies at 83 in New Delhi
- Haryana Government to give scooters to woman members of the Block Development Council, District Council and village sarpanchs
- Delimitation Commission set up for J&K, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur and Nagaland; headed by former SC judge Ranjana Prakash Desai
- India joins 5-nation Indian Ocean Commission (IOC) as observer
- SBI to pick up a 49% stake in Yes Bank for Rs 2,450 crore and clarified that all the deposits and liabilities of the reconstructed bank will continue in the “same manner”
- The crisis-hit Yes Bank was on March 5 superseded by a RBI appointed administrator Prashant Kumar
- Customers have been restricted with a withdrawal cap of Rs 50,000 only till April 3
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- Rural distress can be addressed via infrastructure building, demand boost by PM Kisan, MGNREGA: FICCI-IBA Bankers’ Survey July-December 2019
- Enforcement Directorate arrests Yes Bank founder Rana Kapoor on money laundering charges
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship launches Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship programme at IIM, Bengaluru
- Govt. invites bids for the sale of its entire 52.98% stake in PSU Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (BPCL)
- Australia (184/4 in 20) defeat India (99/10 in 19.1) by 85 runs in the final at Melbourne to win their fifth ICC Women’s T20 World Cup
- Croatia defeat India 3-1 in Davis Cup tennis qualifier tie in Zagreb
- National team captains Manpreet Singh and Rani Rampal won the Dhruv Batra Player of the Year Award 2019 in the men’s and women’s categories respectively at the third Hockey India Annual Awards in New Delhi
Category: Today's News Headlines