Top GKToday’s News Headlines-7 March 2020
Here are Top GKToday’s News Headlines for 7 March, 2020
- Organisations supporting public cause can’t be barred from receiving foreign funds: SC
- Govt. reconstitutes the National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (NPDRR) with Union Home Minister Amit Shah as its chairperson
- Information Commissioner (IC) Bimal Julka appointed as Chief Information Commissioner (CIC); Amita Pandove appointed IC
- ‘The Future of Work: Women in India’s Workforce’ seminar organised by Women and Child Development (WCD) and the World Bank in New Delhi
- Diet chart for pregnant women and lactating mothers formulated by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and shared with all anganwadi centres across the country: WCD Minister Smriti Irani
- MP govt. to set up trust headed by CM Kamal Nath for the project of constructing ‘Ram Van Gaman Path’, a route taken by Lord Ram during his 14-year exile.
- Railways conducting ‘Each for Equal’ campaign to promote gender equality from March 1 to 10
- Jammu & Kashmir: Lieutenant Governor Girish Chandra Murmu launches ‘Student Health Card’ for better healthcare for school children
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting suspends broadcast of two Kerala based news channels — Media One and Asianet News TV Channel — for 48 hours for insensitive reporting of Delhi Violence
- Coronavirus: Centre govt exempts employees from marking biometric attendance till March 31
- Agartala (Tripura) and Ghojadanga (West Bengal) designated as authorised land immigration check posts on the Bangladesh border
- 2020 Mahindra Excellence in Theatre Awards (META): 76-year old theatre director Barry John chosen for Lifetime Achievement honour
- Female labour-force participation in India declined from 34% in 2006 to 24.8% in 2020: UNGC (United Nations Global Compact)
- India has been ranked at 83rd position in ‘Freedom in the World 2020’ report of US-based democracy watchdog Freedom House.
- RBI unveiled a draft scheme of reconstruction for Yes Bank and invited suggestions from members of public, including the banks’ shareholders, depositors and creditors on the scheme.
- SBI has expressed its willingness to make investment in Yes Bank and participate in its reconstruction scheme.
- Lok Sabha passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill
- Bill seeks to amend the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) so that successful bidders of insolvent companies are ring-fenced from any risk of criminal proceedings for offences committed by previous promoters of the companies concerned
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- India’s forex reserves rise to a new lifetime high of US$ 481.54 billion as February 28
- Lok Sabha passes Mines and Mineral Laws (Amendment) Bill that removes end-use restrictions for participating in coal mine auctions
- The US Congress (Senate & House of Representatives) passes USD 8.3 billion emergency funding bill for response efforts to the novel coronavirus outbreak
- US: NASA announces ‘Perseverance’ as official name of its Mars 2020 rover; name suggested by school student Alexander Mather
Category: Today's News Headlines