Top GKToday’s News Headlines- 6 January, 2020
Here are Top GKToday’s News Headlines for January 6, 2020.
- Govt. to confer first ‘Antarrashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman’ on January 7 to mark the contribution of media in spreading the message of Yoga
- CRPF’s Ex-DG Rajiv Rai Bhatnagar appointed as an advisor to the Lt Governor of J&K
- 9th Women Science Congress being held on January 5-6 at the 107th Indian Science Congress in Bengaluru
- Tamil Nadu: Former Assembly Speaker and AIADMK leader P.H. Pandian dies at 74
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla to attend Conference of Speakers and Presiding Officers of the Commonwealth (CSPOC) in Ottawa, Canada from January 6 to 11
- Andhra Pradesh Govt. launches YSR Aarogyasri scheme for providing free medical treatment to the poor
- National Health Authority (NHA) de-empanels 171 hospitals across the country for indulging in fraudulent activities in health insurance scheme: Ayushman Bharat- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY)
- AB-PMJAY aims to cover over 10 crore poor and vulnerable families providing coverage upto 5 lakh rupees per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- External Affairs Ministry announces setting up of new, emerging and strategic technologies (NEST) division
- Iraq’s parliament votes in favour of resolution calling for ending foreign military presence in the country
- Chennai Marathon: Kenya’s Felex Rop (2:29.03) and India’s K. Suguna (3:44:30) win men’s and women’s races respectively
Category: Today's News Headlines