Top GKToday’s News Headlines- 3 November 2019
Here are the top News Headlines of 3 November 2019for all competitive examinations of India.
National Current Affairs
- Women help desks, more anti-human trafficking units to be set up using Nirbhaya fund: WCD Minister Smriti Irani
- MP BJP MLA from Pawai, Prahlad Lodhi, disqualified from Assembly following his conviction in a criminal case
NEW J&K, LADAKH MAPS
- The government released the maps of newly created Union Territories (UTs) of Jammu and Kashmir, and Ladakh and the map of India depicting these UTs.
- The UT of Ladakh consists of two districts of Kargil and Leh while the rest of the erstwhile state of J&K is in the UT of J&K.
- Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) is part of the newly created UT of J&K, while Gilgit-Baltistan is in the UT of Ladakh.
- Golden Jubilee edition of International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2019 to be held in Goa from November 20 to 28
- French actress Isabelle Huppert to be honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award
- Rajinikanth to receive special award titled ‘Icon of Golden Jubilee of IFFI’
International Current Affairs
- China’s Fosun Tourism acquires Thomas Cook brand; the British travel group had declared bankruptcy in September
- Thomas Cook India retains the right to use the brand name till 2024.
- US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin meets RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das in Mumbai
- Unemployment data was released by the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE) on November 1
- India’s unemployment rate in October 2019 rose to 8.5%, the highest level since August 2016
- Urban unemployment rate for October 2019 stood at 8.9%, rural unemployment rate was 8.3%
- Among States, Tripura and Haryana saw unemployment levels of more than 20% (the highest)
- Unemployment was the lowest in Tamil Nadu at 1.1%
PEACE & SECURITY INDEX
- India ranks 133rd among 167 countries in 2019 Women, Peace, and Security Index
- Index compiled by the Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace, and Security and National Geographic
- Norway, Switzerland and Finland are the top 3 ranked countries
- Syria, Afghanistan and Yemen are the bottom 3 ranked countries
PM’S THAILAND VISIT
- PM addresses ‘Sawasdee PM Modi’ community event in Bangkok on Nov 2
- Thai translation of Tamil classic ‘Tirukkural’ released
- Commemorative Coins marking Guru Nanak’s 550th Birth Anniversary released
- PM to attend 16th ASEAN-India Summit on Nov 3 and the 14th East Asia Summit on Nov 4 in Bangkok
- PM to attend the 3rd Summit meeting of nations negotiating a RCEP agreement on Nov 4
- RCEP-Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership
- 18th meeting of Council of Heads of Government (CHG) of SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organisation) held at Tashkent in Uzbekistan on November 2, 2019.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh attended the as the Special Envoy of PM Modi
SAND ART AWARD
- Indian sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik has won Italian Golden Sand Art Award 2019
- Pattnaik will get the award at the International Scorrana Sand Nativity in Italy being held from November 13 to 18
Economy & Business Current Affairs
- Union minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates Indian govt. supported Guru Nanak Chair at the University of Birmingham
- International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists observed on November 2
Sports Current Affairs
- South Africa defeat England to lift Rugby World Cup in Yokohama, Japan
Category: Today's News Headlines