Top GKToday’s News Headlines- 3 January, 2020
Here are Top GKToday’s News Headlines for January 3, 2020.
- PM dedicates five Young Scientists Laboratories of DRDO at Bengaluru, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad and Mumbai to the nation
- 14 scientists awarded Swarna Jayanti Fellowships for 2018-19 by the Ministry of Science & Technology
- Nagpur: Home Minister Amit Shah opens new campus of National Fire Service College (NFSC); lays foundation of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) Academy
- Home Minister Amit Shah announces launch of Subhash Chandra Bose Award in the field of Disaster Management
- India’s second spaceport after Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh will be set up in Thoothukudi district of Tamil Nadu: ISRO
- AIIMS, New Delhi Professor Suresh Chandra Sharma appointed as the first Chairman of National Medical Commission
- Senior Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader D. P. Tripathi dies in New Delhi at 67
- Indian Railways announces integrated helpline number 139 for passengers
WORLD BOOK FAIR
- 28th edition of the New Delhi World Book Fair to be held at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi from January 4 to 12
- The fair, organised by National Book Trust (NBT) in association with ITPO, will focus on how Mahatma Gandhi influenced generations of writers through his writings.
- FDI IN H1 OF 2019-20
- Data on foreign direct equity investments (FDI) released by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) on December 31, 2019.
- FDI rose 15% in the April-September period of 2019-20 to $26.09 billion, up from the $22.66 billion received in the corresponding period of 2018-19
- Services sector — encompassing financial, banking, insurance, outsourcing, among other industries — was the highest recipient of FDI at $4.4 billion
- Singapore was the largest source of FDI for India accounting for around $8 billion
BHARAT BOND ETF
- The units of the Bharat Bond exchange traded fund (ETF) issued by Edelweiss Asset Management got listed on NSE
- The issue of ETF, which was open from December 12 to 20, saw an oversubscription of 1.7 times, garnering Rs 12,000 crore
- The ETF will invest only in AAA-rated bonds of public sector companies
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- The government awards ONGC all seven oil and gas blocks that were on offer in the fourth round of Open Acreage Licensing Policy (OALP)
- PM Modi releases third instalment of Rs 2000 to 6 crore beneficiaries under PM KISAN (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi) for the period December 2019 – March 2020.
- PM hands over keys of Deep-Sea fishing Vessels and Fishing Vessel Transponders to select farmers of Tamil Nadu
- PM distributes Agriculture Ministry’s Krishi Karman Awards for Progressive Farmers and Commendation Awards to the states in Tumkur, Karnataka
- 392,078 babies born around the world on January 1, 2020; most in India at 67,385: UNICEF
- Australia: Emergency declared in New South Wales state because of forest fires
- 2019 concludes a ‘deadly decade’ for children in conflict, with more than 170,000 grave violations verified since 2010: UNICEF
- Pacific island nation Palau becomes world’s first country to ban sun cream that is harmful to corals and sea life
- ESPNCricinfo picks MS Dhoni as captain of ODI and T20 teams of past decade; Virat Kohli for Tests
Category: Today's News Headlines