Top GKToday’s News Headlines – 29 SEPTEMBER 2019
Here are the top News Headlines of 29 September 2019 for all competitive examinations of India.
National Current Affairs
- SC sets up a five-judge Constitution bench to hear a batch of pleas related to abrogation of Article 370
- Stealth frigate INS Nilgiri launched for sea trials at Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders in Mumbai
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh commissions the second Scorpene submarine Khanderi into the Navy in Mumbai
- West Bengal’s Midnapore becomes 5000th Wi-Fi enabled railway station; RailTel providing Wi-Fi facility RailWire
- NMCG holds a special session on ‘Rejuvenation of the River Ganga’ during India Water Week 2019 in New Delhi
- Saraswati Samman of the KK Birla Foundation presented to K. Siva Reddy for his Telugu poetry collection ‘Pakkaki Ottigilite’
- Writer V J James’s novel ‘Nireeswaran’ (Atheist) wins Vayalar Ramavarma Memorial Literature Award in Kerala
- Corps of Army Air Defence at Gopalpur in Odisha honoured with President Colours
- Aadi Mahotsav (Tribal Festival) organized by Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) at Noida (UP) from September 28 to October 8.
Economy & Business Current Affairs
- Deadline to link PAN with Aadhaar extended till December 31: CBDT
International Current Affairs
- Nepal launches three commemorative coins of denominations of 100, 1000 and 2500 Nepalese rupees to mark the 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak
- India hands over a new school building in Kathmandu costing Rs 2.41 crores to Nepal govt.
- 3 Senegalese UN peacekeepers killed in helicopter crash in Central African Republic
- International Day for Universal Access to Information celebrated by UNESCO on September 28 with theme as ‘Leaving No One Behind!’
- World Rabies Day observed by WHO on September 28 — death anniversary of Louis Pasteur who developed rabies vaccine
Category: Today's News Headlines
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|