Top GKToday’s News Headlines-25 February 2020
Here are Top GKToday’s News Headlines for February 25, 2020
- PM Modi and US President Donald Trump addressed a gathering of more than one lakh people at the Sardar Patel Stadium in Motera near Ahmedabad at the Namaste Trump event.
- Trump and his family members visited Sabarmati Gandhi Ashram in Ahmedabad and Taj Mahal at Agra in Uttar Pradesh.
- Union HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ presented Vishwakarma Awards 2019 to the winners in New Delhi
- The awards function was organised by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- Chatra Vishwakarma Awards (CVA) were given to students and mentors
- Institutes were felicitated under the Utkrisht Sansthan Vishwakarma Award (USVA)
- UP Sunni Central Waqf Board accepts five acres land for mosque in Ayodhya, to form trust to oversee construction
- Union Rural Development Minister Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurates the 4th anniversary celebration of Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Rurban Mission with the theme ‘Aatma Gaon Ki, Suvidha Sheher Ki’
- Training course on Vessel Search Technique is being organized by the Indian Coast Guard jointly with the Australian Border Force began in Chennai from February 24 to 28
- AP Govt. launches ‘Jagananna Vasathi Deevena’ scheme of providing financial assistance for the hostel and mess charges of college students
- Tripartite MoU signed between NMCG, Uttarakhand Govt & Indorama Trust for development of Ghats at Gangotri and Badrinath
- International Conference on Banana 2020 organised in Tiruchirappalli (Tamil Nadu) on February 21-24
- AAP leader Ram Niwas Goel unanimously re-elected as the Speaker of Delhi Assembly
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- CCI approves acquisition of 100% of issued and paid-up share capital of NEEPCO (North Eastern Electric Power Corporation) by NTPC from the govt.
- NTPC gets CCI approval to acquire 74.50% of issued and paid-up share capital of THDC India Ltd from the govt.
- Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan meets US Energy Secretary Dan Brouillette in New Delhi
- Future Decoded CEO Summit held in Mumbai; RIL Chairman Mukesh Ambani and Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella participated
- Abhay Kumar Singh appointed CMD of NHPC
- Chinese handset maker Realme launches first 5G smartphone models in India
- Central Excise Day 2020 observed by CBEC (Central Board of Excise and Customs) on February 24
- Malaysia: 94-year old Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad resigns after a bid by his allies to bring down the government
- Togo: President Faure Gnassingbe re-elected for a fourth term in power
- New Zealand (348, 9/0) beat India (165, 191) by 10 wickets in the opening Test at the Westpac Stadium in Wellington on the third day to take a 1-0 lead in the two-match series on February 24, 2020.
- India to host Commonwealth shooting, archery events at Chandigarh in January 2022; medals to be counted in Birmingham Commonwealth Games (July 27 to August 7, 2022) tally
Category: Today's News Headlines