Top GKToday’s News Headlines-20 January, 2020
Here are Top GKToday’s News Headlines for January 20, 2020.
- India successfully test-fires the 3,500 km strike range nuclear-capable K-4 submarine-launched ballistic missile off the coast of Andhra Pradesh
- Nationwide programme to administer polio drops to children organized on National Immunization Day (January 19)
- Classical singer Sunanda Patnaik dies at 85 in Kolkata; singer of Gwalior gharana, she won 2012 Sangeet Natak Academy Award
- Chhattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel launches employment mobile app ‘Rozgar Sangi’ to connect employment providing institutions and skilled trained youth
- Supreme Court to appoint its retired judge Justice A. M. Sapre as the chairman of its committee on road safety
- Britain’s Prince Harry and his wife Meghan to give up their royal titles of Duke and Duchess of Sussex
- Over half the world’s total GDP is dependent on nature and exposed to risks from nature loss says WEF’s ‘Nature Risk Rising Report’
- Indonesia Masters 2020 badminton tournament: Thailand’s Ratchanok Intanon (women’s singles) and Indonesia’s Anthony Sinisuka Ginting (men’s singles) win titles
- India (289 for 3 in 47.3 overs) beat Australia (286 for 7 in 50 overs) by 7 wickets in 3rd and final ODI at M. Chinnaswamy stadium in Bengaluru; win series 2-1
- India’s medal winners at Rome Ranking Series wrestling tournament on January 18: Bajrang Punia: gold in men’s 65kg freestyle, Ravi Kumar Dahiya: gold in men’s 61kg freestyle, Gurpreet Singh: gold in men’s 82kg Greco-roman, Sunil Kumar: silver in men’s 97kg Greco-roman and Sajan Bhanwal: bronze in men’s 77kg Greco-roman.
TATA MUMBAI MARATHON
- Ethiopia’s Derara Hurisa wins men’s race in 2:08:09, women’s race won by Ethiopia’s Amane Beriso in 2:24:51
- Srinu Bugatha (2:18:44) and Sudha Singh (2:45:30) finished first among Indian runners in men’s and women’s races respectively.
Category: Today's News Headlines