Top GKToday’s News Headlines-14 January, 2020
Here are Top GKToday’s News Headlines for January 14, 2020.
- Senior IPS officer AP Maheshwari appointed as the Director-General of CRPF
- Island Development Agency (IDA) meeting chaired by Union Home Minister identifies 16 islands in Andaman & Nicobar and 10 in Lakshadweep for holistic development.
- India to host annual meeting of council of heads of government of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) says SCO Secretary General Vladimir Norov
- Economist Amit Bhaduri gives up emeritus professorship at Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Veteran Odia filmmaker Manmohan Mohapatra dies at 69
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- Retail inflation, based on Consumer Price Index (CPI), rises to 7.35% in December 2019; was 5.54% in November 2019.
- Indian Navy starts using high flash high speed diesel (HFHSD IN 512); manufactured by Indian Oil Corporation
- TRAI amends New Tariff Order (NTO) allowing consumers to have 200 channels instead of 100 at the same price of Rs 130
- SC constitutes 4-member committee for speedy auction of properties of now defunct Amrapali Group; asks PSU NBCC (National Buildings Construction Corporation) to start work on 7 seven stalled projects
- World Future Energy Summit being held in Abu Dhabi (UAE) from January 13 to 16; theme: Rethinking Global Consumption, Production, and Investment
- Britain’s conservative philosopher Roger Scruton dies at 75
- Real Madrid beat Atletico Madrid in Jeddah to win Spanish Super Cup football title
- Sportstar Aces Awards: Indian Test side: Team of the Year, wrestler Bajrang Punia: Sportsman of the Year (Individual Sports), Koneru Humpy (chess) & Apurvi Chandela (shooting): joint winners of Sportswoman of the Year (Individual Sports)
- Jasprit Bumrah won BCCI’s Polly Umrigar Award for the best international cricketer in 2018-19 while Poonam Yadav was best international women cricketer
Category: Today's News Headlines