Top GKToday’s News Headlines-1 March 2020
Here are Top GKToday’s News Headlines for 1 March, 2020
- PM lays foundation stone of the 296-km-long Bundelkhand Expressway in Chitrakoot (UP)
- PM launches Har Ghar Jal Scheme to provide piped water to the households in Bundelkhand region which comprises certain districts of UP & MP
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla launches ‘Suposhit Maa Abhiyan’ in Kota, Rajasthan to provide nutritional support to pregnant women and adolescent girls.
- Centre for Policy Research (CPR) to organise conclave ‘CPR Dialogues 2020: Policy Perspectives for 21st Century India’ in New Delhi on March 2-3
- Norway’s Minister of International Development Dag-Inge Ulstein participates in Mithi river clean up in Mumbai
- Indian Railways launches its first ‘Restaurant on Wheels’ at Asansol Railway station in West Bengal
- Janata Dal (United) Lok Sabha Member Baidyanath Prasad Mahto from Valmiki Nagar constituency passed away on February 28, 2020 at the age of 72 in New Delhi.
RVY & ADIP
- PM distributed Assistive Aids and Devices to senior citizens and differently-abled at ‘Samajik Adhikarta Shivir’ (camp) in Prayagraj (UP)
- Senior citizens received them under the Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana (RVY)
- Differently-abled received them under Assistance to Disabled Persons for aids and appliances (ADIP) scheme
- PM launched 10,000 Farmers Producer Organisations (FPO) all over the country at Chitrakoot (UP)
- FPOs will provide small, marginal and landless farmers access to agricultural inputs and marketing help for selling their products
- The Centre will provide fund of Rs 15 lakh to each FPO.
- PM launched saturation drive for distribution of Kisan Credit Cards (KCC) Chitrakoot (UP) to ensure that all beneficiaries of PM-KISAN Scheme have KCCs
- Beneficiaries of PM-KISAN scheme who do not possess KCCs will be given KCCs under this drive.
- These cards will help farmers in availing short term loans.
- US, Taliban sign deal in Doha, Qatar for full withdrawal of American troops from Afghanistan within 14 months
- Muhyiddin Yassin appointed new Prime Minister of Malaysia
- World Health Organization raises Novel Coronavirus threat assessment to highest level
Category: Today's News Headlines