Tashi-Nungshi Malik twins creates history by climbing highest peaks of seven continents
Twin sisters Tashi and Nungshi Malik have created history by becoming the first ever twin siblings to scale seven highest peaks in seven continents as a part of their Mission 2 for 7.
They achieved this distinction by successfully climbing 7th peak i.e. Mt Vinson, the highest peak in Antarctica on 17th December 2014.
With this successful climb, the twins have entered the hall of fame for mountaineers -“The Seven Summits Club”.
About Tashi and Nungshi Malik
- They had started mountaineering in 2009, after attending the basic mountaineering course at the Uttarkashi-based Nehru Institute of Mountaineering (NIM).
- Later, they had completed other courses-advance, search and rescue and mountaineering instructor-from NIM.
- In 2012, they began their joint expedition Mission 2 for 7 to climb he highest peaks of the seven continents for the cause of the Indian Girl Child. Under this mission they had successfully climbed following 7 peaks
- Mount Kilimanjaro (Africa) in 2012.
- Mount Everest (Asia) in 2013.
- Mount Elbrus (Europe) in 2013.
- Mount Aconcagua (South America) in 2014.
- Mount Carstensz Pyramid (Oceania) in 2014.
- Mount McKinley (North America) in 2014
- Mount Vinson Massif (Antarctica) in 2014.
They also hold the record for being the world’s first twin sisters to successfully climb Mount Everest.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|