Tamil Nadu State New Policy for Women 2021
State of Tamil Nadu has released its “New Policy for Women 2021” on December 29, 2021. This policy will be implemented for more than five years.
Key Provisions of the new policy
- New policy provides for martial arts training for school and college girls.
- It talks about 50 more person-days for all single-headed household and women-headed households under MGNREGS.
- Women will also get 33.3% representation in registered parties.
- State will pay greater attention to getting all children back into school, who belong to poor families and special focus groups such as girls & children from SC-ST communities.
- Scope of Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya will be extended specifically in educationally backward blocks, in order to cover adolescent girls aged up to 19 years of age. This move will help them in completing their school education.
- The policy also aims to support at least 1,000 women student researchers from disadvantaged sections of society each year, particularly in STEM subjects.
Women Friendly Transportation
Under the new policy, all forms of transport will be made women-friendly. In buses, first half of the seats will be earmarked for women. Front exit or entrance will be used only by women.
Victim Support System
The draft policy provides for establishment of a system of “victim support” in all cases of abuse. It also focuses on rehabilitation and identity protection at first place, without any delay, in order to ensure that women do not feel abandoned.
Free Coaching classes for Women
Tamil Nadu government will also provide free or subsidised coaching classes for exams including JEE, UPSC, CAT, & TNPSC, as well as for higher management & technical courses for encourage women’s participation. At least 3% interest subvention will be on education loans to girl students going for higher education.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|