Sudirman Cup 2019: China beats Japan
In Sudirman Cup Badminton title 2019 China beats Japan in men’s doubles, women’s singles and men’s singles.
- The 2019 edition was hosted by China and it swept the finals with 3-0 victory against Japan. With this win China 11th Sudirman Cup title.
- China’s Shi Yuqi whitewashed the world champion Kento Momota of Japan in the finale held in Nanjing City of China. The 23-year-old Shi holds world second-rank and the 24-year-old Momota is ranked world number one.
- Japan has never won badminton world mixed-team championship and after this defeat their search still goes on.
- China has for long-time been pre-eminent power in badminton and with this win in 2019 China reclaimed the trophy they lost to South Korea in 2017.
About Sudirman Cup
- It was established in 1989 and is biennial international badminton championship.
- The tournament is contested by mixed national teams of member associations of Badminton World Federation (BWF).
- The year 2019 was 16th edition of the Sudirman Cup Title.
- It was held between 19 and 26 May 2019 in Nanning, China.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2019
Category: Sports Current Affairs