Study: 46.2% Indians report poor quality of life
A study conducted by Danone India, a French packaged foods and beverages company, along with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), has gauged the standard of psychological and physical, social relationships, and environment among more than 2,700 adults in India. It came up with the report that 46.2% Indians report a poor quality of life.
Indicators of the survey
- The findings were based on four aspects— psychological health, physical health, environment and social relationships.
- Those who were surveyed were categorized into either having a good or a poor Quality of Life. Between May and June 2021, the survey was conducted by Ipsos in Kolkata, Delhi, Lucknow, Mumbai, Indore, Chennai, Hyderabad and Patna.
- This study covered women and men belonging to the age group of 30 to 50 years across different socio-economic class.
Finding of the report
- This report has revealed that nearly one out of every two Indian adults have reported a poor quality of life. That is 46.2% Indians.
- The city of Kolkata has recorded the highest percentage of adults (65%) with a poor Quality of Life score.
- Kolkata was followed by Chennai (49.8%), Delhi (48.5%), Patna (46.2%), Hyderabad (44.4%), Lucknow (40%) and Indore (39.2%).
- The city of Mumbai had the highest percentage of adults (68%) who recorded having a good quality of life
- Women scored less than for men in the aspect of physical health due to a lower level of physical activity among women.
- The survey also showed how the scores vary based on one’s age, gender, work and socio-economic status.
Effect of the pandemic on this score
The COVID-19 pandemic has shifted the view on how people perceive their own physical well-being. The pandemic has given them increased focus on their respective wellbeing and health and has prompted people to seek a more balanced lifestyle. Hence, around 40% of the people who were surveyed agreed to have become more conscious regarding their nutrition and health in the past year.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2021
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|