Stree Shakti Puraskar 2013
The President of India, Mr. Pranab Mukherjee awarded Stree Shakti Puraskar to six illustrious women on International Women’s Day for their distinguished services for the upliftment of women. The Government of India has instituted six national awards are known as Stree Shakti Puraskar.
- These awards are in the name of the following eminent women personalities in the Indian history who are famous for their personal courage and integrity:- Rani Lakshmibai, Rani Rudramma Devi, Kannagi, Rani Gaidinliu Zaliang, Rani Ahilyabai Holkar and Mata Jijabai.
- Rani Gaidinliu Zeliang Award: Dr. Vartika Nanda (Delhi) for creating awareness on women’s issues through media.
- Rani Lakshmibai Award: Ms. Manasi Pradhan (Odisha) for her work in the field of women’s empowerment.
- Rani Rudramma Devi Award: Dr. M Venkaiah (Andhra Pradesh) for her contribution in the field of women’s health.
- Mata Jijabai Award: Ms. Bina Sheth Lashkari (Maharashtra) honored for her achievement in the field of education and training
- Kannagi Award: T Radha K Prashanti (Andhra Pradesh) for her achievement in the field of providing support to orphans, visually impaired, handicapped and destitute women.
- Devi Ahilyabai Holkar Award: Dr Seema Sakhare (Maharashtra) for her contribution in the field of women’s rights, gender issues, legal counseling and institutional support to women and girls.
About Stree Shakti Puraskar
- Category: Women Activism (Individual).
- Objective: To recognize recognizes the spirit of courage of a women in difficult circumstances, who has established this spirit of courage in her personal or professional life.
- Instituted: 1991.
- Awarded by Government of India.
- Conferred by the President of India on occasion of International Women’s Day i.e. 8th March every year at New Delhi.
- Cash award: Rs. 300,000.
- Also recognizes pioneering contribution of an individual in empowering women and raising women’s issues.
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News