State of India’s Environment Report 2021
According to State of India’s Environment Report 2021, India’s rank has dropped by two places to 117 as compared to 2020 ranking on 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- SDG goals were adopted as a part of 2030 agenda by 193 United Nations member states in 2015.
- In 2020, India’s rank was 115 and has dropped by two places because of major challenges pertaining to SDG2, SDG 5 and SDG 9.
- India was ranked below four South Asian countries- Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan and Bangladesh.
- India attained an overall SDG score of 61.9 out of 100.
- As per the report, Jharkhand & Bihar are least prepared to meet SDGs by 2030.
- Jharkhand lags in five SDGs while Bihar lags on seven factors.
- States and UTs with best overall score are Kerala, Himachal Pradesh and Chandigarh are on path of achieving SDGs.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
UN member states adopted 17 SDGs. Some of the SDGs include-
- SDG 1- No Poverty;
- SDG 2- Zero Hunger;
- SDG 3- Good health & well-being;
- SDG 4- Quality Education;
- SDG 5- Gender Equality;
- SDG 6- Clean Water & Sanitation;
- SDG 9- Industry, Innovation & Infrastructure;
- SDG 10- Reduced Inequalities,
- SDG 13- Climate Action etc.
2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
This agenda was adopted by all United Nations Member States in 2015. It provides a shared blueprint for peace & prosperity for people as well as planet considering present and future.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2021
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|