SriLankan Airlines: World’s Most Punctual Airline
SriLankan Airlines, the National Carrier of island nation has been named the ‘World’s Most Punctual Airline’ for second consecutive time.
- SriLankan Airlines, the flag carrier of Sri Lanka, has been named ‘World’s Most Punctual Airline’ for second consecutive time in less than 12 months with over 90% of its flights in May being “on time”. In September 2018 it achieved a punctuality rating of 91.37%.
- It was named so by global flight tracker, ‘Flightstats’ which analysed data of over 41 carriers from Europe, North America, South America, Asia and Middle East including some of the world’s largest and most prestigious airlines, before drawing its conclusions on scale of punctuality.
- Achieving punctuality rating of 90.75% by SriLankan Airlines in May 2019 was impressive as it was achieved despite facing challenges caused by heightened security at airline’s hub at Bandaranaike International Airport (in Sri Lankan capital Colombo) after math of April 21 Easter Sunday terror attacks that killed over 250 people.
- It is a cutting-edge data services company that is focused on commercial aviation.
- It is leading provider of real-time global flight data which is used by companies and individuals across travel ecosystem.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2019
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|