SCO Mass Media Forum
The Second Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Mass Media Forum was inaugurated by the President of Kyrgyz Republic Mr S. Jeenbeko.
Objectives of the SCO Mass Media Forum
- To strengthen the exchange and cooperation in the field of mass media amongst SCO countries.
- To provide a platform for active work through mass media to create an objective vision of the organization and strengthen its positive image in the global information space.
The forum saw the adoption of the Resolution which calls for establishing successful collaborations of Mass Media Organizations of the SCO member Countries.
Shanghai Cooperation Organization
Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) is an intergovernmental international organisation aimed at
- Strengthening mutual trust and neighbourliness among the member states.
- Promoting their effective cooperation in politics, trade, the economy, research, technology and culture, as well as in education, energy, transport, tourism, environmental protection, and other areas.
- Making joint efforts to maintain and ensure peace, security and stability in the region.
- Moving towards the establishment of a democratic, fair and rational new international political and economic order.
The origin of the SCO can be traced to the Shanghai Five mechanism created in 1996 of which the China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia and Tajikistan were members. Later Uzbekistan was admitted to the grouping. The declaration of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation was signed in 2001. In 2015 India and Pakistan were admitted to the grouping and they joined the grouping officially in 2017.
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|