Schemes for the Capacity Building of the Panchayats
Published: January 31, 2012
Some important points on Schemes for the empowerment of Panchayats:-
- Backward Regions Grant Fund (BRGF): Under this scheme the Central Government furnishes funds to the State Governments to even out regional imbalances in growth of 250 backward districts in India. The tactic directs at encouraging the performance and ability of Panchayats, in planning, decision, making, implementation and monitoring.
- Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Yojana: Funds issued to States for training and capacity building of Panchayati Raj Institutions in districts uncovered by the BRGF.
- Rural Business Hubs: To aid the Panchayats to empower rural labour productivity by providing forward backward linkages with technical assistance in Public-Private-Partnership.
- Panchayat Mahila`Evam Yuva Shakti Abhiyan: To enable women and youth Panchayat leaders to come together to articulate their problems as women Panchayat Leaders.
- e-Panchayat: For computerizing the databases, accounts and other functions of the Gram Panchayats for accountability and transparency.
- Panchayat Empowerment & Accountability Incentive Scheme: To recognize and incentivize the efforts of Panchayats w.r.t. respect to transparency, accountability and efficiency and of States with respect to devolution of funds, functions and functionaries to Panchayats.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
Topics: Backward Regions Grant Fund • E-Panchayat Mission Mode Project • Economy of India • Government of India • Gram panchayat • India • Panchayati Raj • Panchayats (Extension to Scheduled Areas) Act