Scheme for Development of Knitwear Sector Launched
The Union Textiles Minister Smriti Irani launched, Scheme for development of knitting and knitwear sector under PowerTex India.
Features of the Scheme for Development of Knitwear Sector
- Out of the 487.07 crore outlay of Powertex India, ₹72 crore has been allocated to the scheme.
- The scheme envisions the creation of new service centres on public-private partnership (PPP) model by industry and association in the knitting and knitwear clusters.
- The scheme envisages Modernization and upgradation of existing power loom service Centers (PSCs) and institution run by Textile Research Associations (TRAs) and Export Promotion Councils (EPCs) Association in knitting and knitwear clusters.
The Minister also assured to look into the demand for creation of a Knitwear Mark to give quality assurance to the customers.
PowerTex India is a comprehensive and integrated scheme for power loom sector development. The components of the scheme are:
- In-situ Upgradation of Plain Power looms.
- Group Workshed Scheme.
- Yarn Bank Scheme.
- Common Facility Centre.
- Pradhan Mantri Credit Scheme for Power loom Weavers.
- Solar Energy Scheme for Power looms.
- Facilitation, IT, Awareness, Market Development and Publicity for Power loom Schemes.
- Tex Venture Capital Fund.
- Grant-in-Aid and Modernisation & Upgradation of Power loom Service Centres (PSCs).
- Scheme for Development of Knitwear Sector.
PowerTex India aims to boost common infrastructure and modernise the power loom sector in the country.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs