Sahitya Akademi announces Bal Sahitya Puraskar 2015
Sahitya Akademi has announced the Bal Sahitya Puraskar for year 2015.
In this edition of Bal Sahitya Puraskar, 5 novelists, 4 writers of short stories, and 3 authors of poetries, 11 writers for their contribution to children’s literature and 1 book of one-act play respectively.
Recipients of Bal Sahitya Puraskar 2015 are
- Novelist: Sowmya Rajendran (English), Nivditha Subramaniam (English), Tiren Boro (Bodo), Mukti Upadhyay ‘Baral’ (Nepali), Ramnath G Gawade (Konkani) and Ramdeo Jha (Maithili).
- Writers of short stories: Nayeem Kashmiri (Kashmiri), Krishna Kumar ‘Ashu’ (Rajasthani), Thokchom Thouyangba Meitei (Manipuri) and Janardhan Hegde(Sanskrit).
- Poetry collections: Srikanta Saren (Santali), Tara Chand Kalandri (Dogri) and Sella Ganapathi (Tamil).
- Total Contribution to Children’s Literature: Kartik Ghose (Bengali), Eli Ahmed (Assamese), T S Nagraja Shetty (Kannada), Dhiruben Patel (Gujarati), Leeladhar Hegde (Marathi), Sivadas (Malayalam), Sukhdev Madpuri (Punjab), Snehlata Mohanty (Odia), Chokappu Venkataramana (Telugu) and JethoLalwani (Sindhi).
- Book of one-act play: Bano Sartaj (Urdu).
Bal Sahitya Puraskar: It is instituted by the Sahitya Akademi. The award comprises 50,000 rupees along with a casket containing an inscribed copper plaque and a citation.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2015
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News