Sahara: Hostel for the ‘Veer Naris’
Lt. Governor of Delhi Anil Baijal, inaugurated the Sahara Naval Hostel for the ‘Veer Naris’ at Vasant Kunj in New Delhi.
About Sahara Hostel Project
- It is a unique Hostel project for Naval Widows or Veer Naris.
- Objective: It aims to provide rehabilitation of Naval Widows and their families in period immediately after unfortunate demise of their husbands serving the Indian Navy.
- The Naval Regimental System office has also been co-located at hostel premises for easy onsite assistance to occupants of Sahara Hostel.
- Project By: The project is steered by Indian Navy and has been built in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) partnership with National Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC). NBCC is a Government of India (GoI) Navratna Enterprise that provides civil engineering construction services.
- The Hostels are comprised of compact suites equipped with all necessary amenities for dignified living, along with a common Dining Hall and a Community Hall.
- Eligibility: Widows who have completed required period in Government accommodation after demise of their husbands only those are eligible to apply for staying in hostel for a period of one year.
- Extension: for staying beyond this period will be considered based on availability and merits of case.
- Importance: The hostel addresses a long term need felt towards rehabilitation of Naval ‘Veer Naris’ and also provides them a safe and secure environment which will help them rebuild their lives.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2019
Category: Defence Current Affairs
Topics: Corporate social responsibility (CSR) • Indian Navy • Lt. Governor of Delhi • National Buildings Construction Corporation • Naval ‘Veer Naris’ • Naval Widows • NBCC • NBCC (India) Limited • Sahara Naval Hostel
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|