Resilient Cities Asia-Pacific (RCAP) Congress
4th Resilient Cities Asia-Pacific (RCAP) Congress 2019 was recently organized by the International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives (ICLEI) in association with South Delhi Municipal Corporation in New Delhi.
About Resilient Cities Asia-Pacific
- It was launched in 2010 with the goal of forging partnerships and dialogues related to Environment and Climate Change.
- The Asia-Pacific Forum on Urban Resilience and Adaptation and Resilient Cities Asia Pacific Congress (RCAP) is a response to heightened demand from the Asia Pacific Region which encouraged ICLEI to expand the congress series to include Resilient Cities Asia-Pacific and bringing the event and focus to the Asia-Pacific region catering to the situation, challenges and opportunities of local governments specifically in this region.
- It is the annual global platform for urban resilience and climate change adaptation.
- It is convened by ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability and co-hosted by the World Mayors Council on Climate Change and the City of Bonn.
- Its Aim is to provide an Asian platform for urban resilience and climate change adaptation where partnerships are forged and concrete dialogues are happening with the ultimate goal of identifying solutions and creating lasting impacts for cities in the region.
ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability is a global network of more than 1750 local and regional governments committed to sustainable urban development.
Topics: Climate and Development Knowledge Network , Climate change adaptation , Emani Kumar , ICLEI , Natural environment , Nature , Psychological resilience , Urban resilience , World Mayors Council on Climate Change