Republic Day Parade 2021 Awards
The Union Sports Minister, Kiren Rijiju, has presented the Republic Day Awards for 2021 Parade Tableaux.
- In the parade of 72nd Republic Day, 32 tableaux participated.
- Those Tableaux were selected from the 17 States and Union Territories (UTs).
- 6 of the Tableaux were from the Defence Ministry while 9 were from other ministries, departments and paramilitary forces.
Best Tableau Award
- The Uttar Pradesh tableau was given the award for best tableau out of total 32.
- The theme of the UP tableau was “Ayodhya: Cultural Heritage of Uttar Pradesh”.
- The tableau of Tripura was chosen as the second-best tableau.
- The Tripura tableau displayed the eco-friendly traditions to achieve the self-reliance in the socio-economic parameters.
- The third best tableau award was presented to the tableau of Uttarakhand.
- Uttarakhand Tableau was displayed with the theme of the “Dev Bhoomi– The Land of the Gods”.
- Out of 9 tableaux of the different ministries, departments, and paramilitary forces, the Department of Biotechnology tableau was chosen for the top award. The department had presented the Tableau with the theme of “Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan: COVID vaccine development”.
- Apart from that, a special prize was given to the tableau of the Central Public Works Department (CPWD). CPWD was given the award for paying the tribute to the heroes of the Armed Forces. Theme of the CPWD tableau was ‘Amar Jawan’.
- The award for best cultural performance was given to student of Mount Abu Public School and Vidya Bharti School Rohini, Delhi. In their performance they had displayed the vision for Self-Reliant India- Atmanirbhar Bharat.
How these Tableaux are selected?
The tableaux are selected by the Ministry of Defence for the Republic day parade. In order to shortlist the tableaux, an expert committee is set up by the defence ministry comprising of the distinguished people from various fields of arts. The expert committee consists of prominent persons from the field of art, painting, culture, music, architecture, sculpture and choreography. States are given representation on a rotational basis.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|