Regulatory Mechanism for Biodiversity sector soon
A regulatory mechanism in Biodiversity sector to be in place following the recommendations
- Objective: To safeguard public health and protect environment.
- Quality Control lab in Delhi has been asked to bring wider range of bio-technology products under its ambit to ensure that they are safe and meet the prescribed standards.
- Private sector requested to increase their presence in the research sector.
- Central Government has approved Bio-Connect Centre for Bangalore which will be one of its kinds in the country, will assist mould young scientists as leaders in their specific fields of specialization.
- 40 such centres will come up gradually all over the India .
- Supreme Court’s notice to Govt and Medical Council of India on alleged clinical trials of untested drugs
- The Apex Court sought Centre’s response on a PIL seeking inquiry into alleged illegal clinical trials of untested drugs in various states.
- Notice issued to the Health Ministry and Medical Council of India (MCI), seeking their replies on the petition.
- Order issued on a PIL filed by an NGO, which sought appointment of an expert committee to regulate the clinical trials done by many multi-national pharmaceutical companies.
- In the PIL it was pointed out that various Multi-national Pharma Companies are conducting illegal drug trials in India and such trials be stopped immediately and thus the SC’s intervention was sought in the matter.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|