Reforming Higher Education in India
To improve the standard of education in the nation and further enhance the quality of students being trained by the technical institutes of the nation, the government plans to not allow conventional low employability potential disciplines from the academic year 2020-2021.
- Opposition members claimed that there is a mismatch between the demands of the industry and courses being imparted.
- This mismatch is forcing qualified engineers to look for jobs which are either unrelated to their skills or work on a sub-par wage (disguised unemployment).
- The government is serious about its commitment to ensuring that the engineering students are being trained well so that they can be a part of the Make in India initiative of the government.
- The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) will not allow colleges to run new conventional disciplines with low employment potential from the academic year 2020-21.
- Conventional courses like civil, mechanical, electrical and computer engineering are heavily over-leveraged and have high enrollment rates in the country.
- AICTE will seek to permit only emerging fields such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), Blockchain, Robotics, Quantum Computing, Data Sciences, Cyber Security, and 3D Printing and Design.as courses in the colleges.
Smart India Hackathons
The MHRD minister also informed that Smart India hackathons are being organized to encourage innovations so that it can act as a funnel for Startup India.
India-Microsoft MoU on Digital Transformation of Tribal Schools
On May 17, 2021, the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Microsoft signed a Memorandum of Understanding o...
UK-India $1.4 billion investment deal
The Government of India and British Government recently finalised a one billion pound of trade and i...
Ladakh Ignited Minds Project
The Indian Army recently initiated the Ladakh Ignited Mines Project to provide educational opportuni...
Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme
The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy recently released the first tranche of Rs...
What is NFT Marketplace?
The WazirX, one of the leading cryptocurrency exchanges has recently launched India’s first market...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|