RBS Earth Heroes Awards 2019
RBS India, the innovation and operations hub of Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) announced the winners of RBS Earth Heroes Awards (REHA), who have played significant role in combating climate change. The year 2019 is the 9th edition of REHA and the theme for 2019 awards was- ‘Climate Change’.
RBS Earth Heroes Awards (REHA)2019 Winners
- Bholu Abrar Khan of Bharatpur (Rajasthan): Green Warrior
- Dimbeshwar Das of Assam: Green Warrior
- Ela Foundation (Pune): Earth Guardian
- Aishwarya Maheshwari (Uttar Pradesh): Save the Species
- Sathish (Tamil Nadu): Save the Species
- Jalal Ud Din Baba (Jammu & Kashmir): Inspire
- Pramila Bisoyi (Odisha): Lifetime Achievement
About RBS Earth Heroes Awards (REHA)
The awards were instituted by Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) in association with World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA) in 2011.
Objective: REHA are an attempt to recognise the grit and determination of individuals and institutions who work exceptionally hard as well as went beyond their call of duty with an aim to preserve and protect the critical eco-systems and environment.
Significance: Under the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), there is a critical and urgent need for climate change mitigation,thus by recognising and rewarding those who are working towards this goal of environment conservation, RBS India is creating a value cycle that will urge more citizens to take up greater responsibility to mitigate climate change and conserve earth.
Categories: The award categories include:-
- RBS Earth Hero Award (Felicitation)-Individual
- RBS Earth Guardian Award (Rs.1,50,000)- Institution
- RBS Save The Species Award (Rs. 1,50,000)- 2 Individuals
- RBS Inspire Award (Rs, 1,50,000)- Individual or Institutional
- RBS Green Warrior Award (Rs. 1,50,000 each)- 2 individuals
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News