Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav
The flagship and premier festival of Ministry of Culture, the Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav is to be conducted in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh on 14th October, 2019. It is a part of the Ek Bharat Shreshta Bharat initiative that is being organized between 14th October, 2019 and 21st October 2019.
The festival began in 2015. It showcases rich cultural heritage of India. It includes classical and contemporary handicrafts, painting, arts-folk, sculpture, etc. It covers the fushion of folk art forms from 22 states and will offer the best chance to experience the emerging virtuosity.
Significance of the mahotsav
The aim is to promote engagement of different states and UTs to enhance mutual understanding and bonding between people of diverse culture. This will secure stronger unity and integrity of India.
It was announced by PM Modi in October 2015 on the occasion of 140th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. The following are the main objectives of the initiative
- To celebrate unity and diversity of the Nation
- To promote the spirit of national integration
- To show case the rich heritage and culture, traditions and customs of the country
- To establish long-term engagements
- To create environment that promotes learning between states
Category: Important Days & Events Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|