Rajiv Gandhi Manav Seva Award
Rajiv Gandhi Manav Seva Award-2010 Announced
- Rajiv Gandhi Manav Seva Award for the year 2010 announced
- Following 3 individuals chosen for conferment of the prestigious award
- Smt. Mira Kagti, Assam
- Dr. S.A. Thasleem Sulthana, Andhara Pradesh
- Dr.Mallika Nadda, Himachal Pradesh
- The Award carries a cash prize of Rupees One Lakh to each awardee and a citation to each awardee.
- Smt. Mira Kagti, Assam– she has established Shishu Sarothi in 1987 for providing education, rehabilitation and training services to the children suffering from Cerebral Palsy and persons with disability. At present her Institute caters to around 800 children and their families to cope with and manage their children`s special needs.
- Dr. S.A. Thasleem Sulthana, Andhara Pradesh-She is doing service to the orphaned and mentally handicapped children, and working for the welfare, rehabilitation of mentally retarted, hearing impaired, visually challenged and physically challenged children.
- Dr.Mallika Nadda, Himachal Pradesh-She is a leading social activist in Himachal Pradesh. She founded Chetna, at Bilaspur a civil society initiative with a vision to integrate physically and mentally challenged children. She provides voluntary services and , material in kind, equipments, surgery intervention support, clothing etc. to the children.
- In pursuance of the Government of India’s policy to support and promote voluntary action in the area of Child Development/Welfare, the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India instituted the “Rajiv Gandhi Manav Seva Award for Service to Children” in 1994 to honour individuals who have made outstanding contribution towards the cause of children.
- The Award was instituted on 20th August,1994, the 50th Birth Anniversary of the late Prime Minister, Shri Rajiv Gandhi who had deep love and concern for children.
- Rajiv Gandhi Manav Seva Award is conferred on three individuals who make outstanding contribution in the fields of:-
- Child Protection
- Child Development
- Child Welfare
- The 3 individuals to be selected for the Awards should have worked for the cause of children for over 10 years.
Selection made by a National Selection Committee out of the cases recommended by State Governments/U.T. Administrations and Experts. The National Selection Committee’s Chairman: Minister of State (I/C) for Women & Child Development