Rajasthan launched nutrition-focused programmes for women & children
Rajasthan government launched a series of nutrition-focused welfare programmes for the benefit of women and children who are affected by disruption in routine schemes.
- Women and children in Rajasthan are affected due to disruption of schemes such as Integrated Child Development Services and midday meal scheme amid the covid-19 pandemic.
- State government is facing the challenge of micronutrient crisis.
- Following the disruption, experts called to adopt strategies in order to accelerate micronutrient supplementation and strengthen food fortification.
- Thus, Rajasthan government has launched “Nutrition focused programmes” as impending third wave is likely to worsen this situation.
- Under the programme, Indira Rasoi Yojana will provide food to poor and needy twice a day. This scheme had extended relief to people amid the pandemic.
- Government is also promoting a healthy lifestyle for pregnant women and is extending support to such women in order to enable them to give birth to healthy children.
- Village panchayats would play a significant role of strengthening nutrition schemes and providing nutrition education among students in schools.
Why this move is significant?
The nutrition focused programmes are significant because, nutritious, diverse & safe foods in early childhood and access to basic health, water & sanitation would help in improve nutritional status among women and children.
Indira Rasoi Yojana
Indira Rasoi Yojana was launched in August 2020 with the aim of providing nutritious food to poor & needy two times in a day at concessional rates. Under the scheme, one plate serves 100 grams of pulses & vegetables and 250 grams of chapati & pickles. This scheme aligns with the theme of World Food Day 2020 to grow, nourish and sustain together.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|