Railway Supplier’s meet to be held in Lucknow
The Research Designs and Standards Organization (RDSO) will organize a special Mega Vendor’s Meet to encourage the participation of the government and private industries in supply for the Indian Railway’s supply chain.
What is happening?
- The Research wing of the Indian Railways, the RDSO is organizing a mega Vendor meet to bring together all suppliers and vendors for railways materials under a single roof.
- To ensure that maximum participation takes places, the Indian Railways has not kept any fees for the entry to the event.
- The purpose of the event is to motivate the participation of government & private industries to take a greater role in the Indian Government’s Make In India program.
About the Research Designs and Standards Organization (RDSO)
- The Research Designs & Standards Organisation (RDSO) is the foremost research and development unit of the Indian Railways.
- It has been certified with an ISO 9001 certification.
- The primary function of the RDSO is to act as a technical adviser and a consultant to the Railway Board, the Zonal Railways, the Railway Production Units, RITES, and IRCON International.
- RDSO is the main body responsible for the designing, construction and consulting for the design and standardization of the railway equipment of the Indian Railways and its associated units.
- It is also responsible for suggesting any solutions to the problems which arise out of railway construction, operation, and maintenance.