Railway Supplier’s meet to be held in Lucknow
The Research Designs and Standards Organization (RDSO) will organize a special Mega Vendor’s Meet to encourage the participation of the government and private industries in supply for the Indian Railway’s supply chain.
What is happening?
- The Research wing of the Indian Railways, the RDSO is organizing a mega Vendor meet to bring together all suppliers and vendors for railways materials under a single roof.
- To ensure that maximum participation takes places, the Indian Railways has not kept any fees for the entry to the event.
- The purpose of the event is to motivate the participation of government & private industries to take a greater role in the Indian Government’s Make In India program.
About the Research Designs and Standards Organization (RDSO)
- The Research Designs & Standards Organisation (RDSO) is the foremost research and development unit of the Indian Railways.
- It has been certified with an ISO 9001 certification.
- The primary function of the RDSO is to act as a technical adviser and a consultant to the Railway Board, the Zonal Railways, the Railway Production Units, RITES, and IRCON International.
- RDSO is the main body responsible for the designing, construction and consulting for the design and standardization of the railway equipment of the Indian Railways and its associated units.
- It is also responsible for suggesting any solutions to the problems which arise out of railway construction, operation, and maintenance.
Why were the Goa Infra Projects red flagged?
The Central Empowerment Committee appointed by the Supreme Court recently raised serious concerns of...
Supply Chain Resilience Initiative
On April 27, 2021, India, Australia and Japan formally launched the Supply Chain Resilience Initiati...
Basic customs duty and health cess on medical oxygen, equipment launched
The Government of India has granted complete exemption from basic health cess on import of oxygen-re...
Indian Railways runs Oxygen Express
The Ministry of Railways recently announced that it is to create a Green Corridor to ensure fast mov...
National Climate Vulnerability Report
The Department of Science and Technology recently launched the National Climate Vulnerability Report...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|