Rafael Nadal wins Italian Open, 2021
Italian Open, 2021 was won by Rafael Nadal. This is his tenth title of the Rome Masters. The Italian Open, 2021 was held on May 16, 2021 in Rome. The Finals was held between Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic. It is also known as Rome Masters.
- Rafael Nadal is a Spanish Tennis player. He is ranked third in the world by the Association of Tennis Professionals.
- He has won twenty Grand Slams, thirteen French Open titles so far. His record of winning has been maximum in clay courts.
- Novak Djokovic is a Serbian tennis player. He is currently ranked number one by the Association of Tennis Professionals. He has won eighteen Grand Slams.
- He is the only player to win all the “Big Titles” on the ATP tour. The Big Title is a trophy at the Nitto ATP Finals, Grand Slam Championship, ATP Masters 1000 tournament or Olympics Singles gold medals.
About Italian Open
- It is originally called the Italian International Championship. It is a tennis tournament held in Rome, Italy.
- It is a clay tennis tournament. There are four different types of tennis court surfaces. They are clay courts, carpet courts, hard courts and grass courts.
- It is an ATP Tours Masters 100 event.
ATP Tours Masters 1000
It is a series of nine tennis tournaments featuring top ranked players. Meaning not every tennis player can participate in the tournament.
Currently the following are the nine tournaments of ATP Tours Masters 1000:
- Paris Masters
- Shanghai Masters
- Cincinnati Masters
- Madrid Open
- Monte-Carlo Masters
- Miami Open
- Indian Wells Masters
- Italian Open
- Canadian Open
These are different from Grand Slam.
The Itinerary of Grand Slam consists of French Open, Australian Open, Wimbledon and US Open.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2021
Category: Sports Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|