Quick Current Affairs
1. England Players Kevin Peterson & Andrew Flintoff emerged as world’s most expensive cricketers after being sold for $ 1.5 million.
2. Kevin Peterson was bought by Bangalore Royal Challengers.
3. Andrew Flintoff was bought by Chennai Super kings.
4. Mahendra Singh Dhoni was bought in 6 crore Rupees.
5. AS Murthy is new Satyam CEO and Kiran kartik is new Chairman of Satyam.
6. Kiran Kartik was NASSCOM president in 2001-02
7. Delhi Metro Railway Corporation has launched Cycle for Hire scheme in New Delhi at Vishvavidyalaya Metro Station which has got overwhelming response.
8. Liberhan Commission was enquiring Babri Mosque Demolition will submit its report before 31st march 2009.
9. Chennai has got India’s First Public Stem Cell Bank.
10. The Centre Govt has opened first “Jan Aushadhi Store” in Delhi where unbranded generic medicines will be sold at nominal prices.
11. “ Triveni” and “Tropex” are code names of the Amphibious warfare exercise launched by Tri Services of Indian Forces to hone their combat skills.
12. Dalip Singhal has been announced as new Managing Director of Godrej Consumer Products.
13. India has tightened the Ban on Import of Chinese Toys despite the threat by China to drag her to WTO.
14. Abhinav Bindra is set to join Exclusive club of VIP Fighter Jet Fliers with a stint aboard in F-16IN at Air Force Station Bangalore. The Elite list comprises Ratan Tata, APJ Abdul Kalam , George Fernandez.
15. Bob Houghton is an English football manager and former player, currently the head coach of the Indian national team.
16. Shilpa Shetty has bought 11% stake in Royal Rajasthan Team. Her 11% stake in the team is estimated to be USD 15.4 million
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
Topics: Andrew Flintoff • Ayodhya • Ayodhya dispute • Chennai Super Kings • Cricket • Current Affairs 2009 • Faizabad • Godrej Consumer Products Limited • Godrej Group • In India • International cricket • Liberhan Commission • Royal Challengers Bangalore